While the crack cocaine epidemic that came to prominence in the 1980s has largely abated, cocaine remains a serious and pervasive problem in many communities. Many individuals who use cocaine do so recreationally, but some become addicted to it and experience significant health problems as a result of their substance misuse. For this reason, it’s important for addiction treatment centers like New Bridge Foundation® to offer a substance abuse treatment program in California that explicitly targets cocaine abuse.
New Bridge Foundation® provides affordable leading-edge substance use disorder treatment at our cocaine rehab center in the San Francisco Bay Area. With over 50 years of experience, we have been named one of America’s “Best Addiction Treatment Centers” for the past three years, per a survey conducted by Newsweek Magazine. Learn more about how New Bridge Foundation® can help you or someone close to you with an addiction to cocaine. Call us at 866.772.8491 or use our easy online form to connect with one of our staff.
Do I Need Cocaine Addiction Rehab?
Cocaine addiction is a serious condition characterized by an uncontrollable desire to use cocaine despite its harmful consequences.
Signs of cocaine addiction include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Increased tolerance to the drug, requiring more of it to achieve the same high
- Persistent cravings for cocaine and a preoccupation with using it
- Neglecting responsibilities or activities due to the use of cocaine
- Spending large amounts of money on cocaine despite financial hardships
- Participating in risky activities while under the influence
- Using cocaine in larger quantities or with greater frequency than intended
- Unsuccessful attempts at cutting down or stopping use altogether
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when trying to stop or reduce cocaine use, such as irritability, fatigue, depression, intense cravings, and insomnia
If you or a loved one is experiencing any of these symptoms, seeking professional help is crucial. At New Bridge Foundation®, we provide a supportive environment and a range of effective treatments to help individuals overcome cocaine addiction.
Dangers of Cocaine Addiction
Cocaine abuse poses a number of significant risks. The dangers it poses to the health of the individuals who experience addiction can include:
- Irregular heart rate and high blood pressure
- Elevated body temperature
- Constricted blood vessels
- Dilated pupils
- Restlessness, tremors, muscle twitches, and spasms
- Heart attack or stroke due to increased risk of coronary artery disease or arteriosclerosis
- Increased risk for respiratory infections due to inhaling cocaine particles into the lungs
- Malnutrition due to appetite suppression caused by cocaine use
- Kidney failure due to decreased oxygen supply to the tissue and cells
It can also adversely affect an individual’s emotional and professional life. This can include:
- Changes in behavior, such as feeling anxious or irritable
- Difficulty concentrating
- Increased feelings of emotional isolation
- Decreased interest in activities that used to bring enjoyment
- Loss of motivation
- Poor decision-making and judgment leading to risky behavior
- Financial difficulties stemming from spending large amounts of money on cocaine
- Relationship problems due to arguments over drug use or changes in personality
- Career issues such as poor job performance, absences, tardiness, and difficulty forming positive relationships with coworkers
At New Bridge Foundation®, we understand that cocaine addiction affects all aspects of an individual’s life. That’s why our approach to treatment is holistic, addressing the physical, psychological, and social aspects of addiction.
Benefits of a Cocaine Rehab Program
Our cocaine rehab program is tailored to each individual’s needs. It includes:
- Assessment – A comprehensive assessment to understand the extent of the addiction and any co-occurring mental health conditions
- Counseling – Individual and group counseling sessions to address the underlying causes of addiction and develop coping strategies
- Free aftercare for life – All clients who have completed one of our programs successfully is eligible to participate in our weekly aftercare program for life
Seeking professional treatment for cocaine addiction offers numerous benefits:
- Expert care – You’ll receive care from a team of experienced professionals who understand the complexities of cocaine addiction.
- A welcoming, safe environment – Our center provides a safe and supportive environment where you or your loved one can focus on recovery.
- Personalized treatment – We tailor our treatments to your specific needs, giving you the tools you need to achieve genuine, lasting recovery.
- Peer support – You’ll be part of a community of individuals who understand your struggles, providing valuable support and encouragement.
Through cocaine rehab at New Bridge Foundation®, clients can get to the root of why they started using the drug in the first place. They can then learn coping mechanisms to help them manage their cravings and avoid relapse.
Call New Bridge Foundation® Today to Learn More About Cocaine Rehab
At New Bridge Foundation®, we’re committed to helping individuals overcome cocaine addiction and build a healthier future. Reach out to us today at 866.772.8491 or use our online form to learn more about our cocaine rehab program.