Our society is in the midst of a dangerous and prolonged opioid epidemic. The dramatic increase in prescriptions for opioids in the 1990s laid the groundwork for our current crisis, and the problem has continued to worsen. As more and more individuals succumb to opioid abuse every day, high-quality, professional opioid addiction treatment has become a necessity.
If you or someone close to you is battling opioid abuse, the time to act is now. With more than half a century of experience treating substance use disorders, New Bridge Foundation® has been identified as one of America’s “Best Addiction Treatment Centers” for the past three years, per a survey conducted by Statista in cooperation with Newsweek Magazine. To learn more about our affordable substance abuse treatment in California, reach out to New Bridge Foundation® at 866.772.8491 today.
The Need for Opioid Addiction Treatment
Tens of thousands of Americans die each year from opioid overdoses. Sadly, few individuals struggling with opioid abuse will get the help they need. In some cases, they do not believe they have a problem or they do not feel they can take the time to get the help they need. In other cases, they simply don’t know where to begin. This is where our opioid addiction treatment program in Berkeley, CA comes in.
Signs of Opioid Abuse
It can be difficult to identify when recreational opioid use has crossed the line into opioid abuse. This is why it is essential that individuals— and their family members and friends—be able to identify the tell-tale signs of opioid abuse and addiction. Knowing these signs can help get an individual the opioid addiction treatment they need to prevent disastrous consequences.
Common signs include the following:
- Inability to stop the use of the drug
- Symptoms of withdrawal
- Periods of anxiety or depression
- Failing to meet responsibilities
- Reckless behavior
- Slurring of speech
- Changes in sleep and eating habits
When someone begins showing signs of addiction, it is vital that they get professional help as soon as possible.
What to Expect in Opioid Rehab
At New Bridge Foundation®, we understand just how serious opioid abuse and addiction can be, and we are committed to helping each individual in our care find the path to recovery. Our opioid addiction treatment program combines evidence-based and holistic approaches so that we can tailor our approach to the unique needs of each of our clients, ensuring that they have the tools they need to achieve long-term sobriety.
Our comprehensive, individualized opioid rehab programs include:
- Group counseling
- Individual counseling
- Family counseling
- Relapse prevention
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Telehealth options (for California residents only)
- Residential and outpatient care
- Life skills development
- Discharge planning
We provide a safe, comfortable, and supportive environment for our clients so that they can focus on their recovery without distractions or disruptions. And because we understand that your recovery journey does not end when you leave our program, at New Bridge Foundation®, we also offer free aftercare for life.
Finding an Opioid Addiction Treatment Center in California
So what should someone in need of opioid addiction treatment look for in a center? Because treatment should always be tailored to the individual, an “ideal” program will look different for every person in opioid rehab. Broadly speaking, however, the following should be considered when weighing opioid addiction treatment programs.
- Treatment options – A high-quality treatment center should provide a wide range of addiction treatment programs for clients. A full continuum of care is crucial for long-lasting recovery, so choose a center where treatment can include detox, aftercare, and every step in between.
- Location – For some, treatment is more effective when it takes place away from the routines, people, and triggers of their everyday lives. Others can thrive in their home environment, especially when they have a well-established network of supportive family members and friends. Consider which is right for you.
- Accreditation – Safe and efficient treatment centers tend to receive accreditation from reputable organizations that make it their goal to hold facilities accountable. Certification from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), for example, shows the program’s dedication to providing safe, effective treatment.
Learn More at New Bridge Foundation® Today
When it comes to finding the San Francisco Bay Area opioid rehab that is right for you, consider New Bridge Foundation®. Our expert staff offers our clients all the benefits of their years of training and experience, along with a passion for helping others.
Our programs include the following:
- Short-term residential rehab (Helios)
- Short-term outpatient rehab (Helios)
- Long-term residential rehab (START)
- Free aftercare for life
We understand how crucial opioid addiction treatment is to keeping people safe and allowing them to live healthier lives. When you are ready to get started, contact New Bridge Foundation® at 866.772.8491.