Our society is continuing to struggle with the current opioid epidemic. The increase of opioid prescriptions in the 1990s made the ideal climate for the current epidemic we’re facing today. With so many individuals succumbing to opioid overdoses every day, opioid addiction is now a threat to the public’s health. The need for opioid addiction treatment is more significant than ever before. Whether an individual needs the help themselves or they are looking for a loved one, an opioid addiction treatment center in California can help move the epidemic in the right direction.
The Need for Opioid Addiction Treatment
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, over 130 Americans die every day from an opioid overdose. These types of statistics show the severity of the current epidemic and the need for a substance abuse treatment program to be available for those in need. Without proper help, individuals with an opioid addiction will continue to put themselves at risk for an overdose.
Sadly, some of the statistics surrounding this crisis are as follows:
- About 80% of individuals using heroin began by misusing prescription opioids
- Up to 29% of people with opioids for chronic pain will misuse the prescription
- In 2017 alone, over 47,000 Americans lost their lives to opioid overdose
To begin lowering these numbers, those with an addiction need to find an opioid addiction treatment center in California.
Signs of Opioid Addiction
To get loved ones the drug rehab services they need, it’s important for family members and friends to know the signs of opioid addiction. Knowing these signs can help get an individual the opioid addiction treatment they need to prevent disastrous consequences.
Common signs include the following:
- Inability to stop the use of the drug
- Periods of anxiety or depression
- Failing to meet responsibilities
- Reckless behavior
- Slurring of speech
- Changes in sleep and eating habits
When someone begins showing signs of addiction, time is of the essence to find them help. Contact a facility that offers opioid addiction treatment to start the process for those who need it.
Finding an Opioid Addiction Treatment Center in California
So what should someone in need of opioid addiction treatment look for in a center? Consider the following components of an excellent opioid addiction treatment center in California:
- Treatment options– A high-quality treatment center should provide a wide range of addiction treatment programs for clients. A full continuum of care is crucial for long-lasting recovery, so choose a center where treatment can include detox, aftercare, and every step in-between.
- Location– Treatment tends to be more effective when it takes place away from a large city. Remaining close to triggers like certain groups of friends and locations can also hinder the success of treatment. Choose a facility in a more secluded, calm area.
- Accreditation– Safe and efficient treatment centers tend to receive accreditation from reputable organizations who make it their goal to hold facilities accountable. Accreditation from CARF shows the dedication of the facility to provide treatment that is encouraging, safe, and effective.
New Bridge Foundation™
When it comes to finding the best San Francisco Bay Area drug rehab for opioid addiction treatment, the only name to know is New Bridge Foundation™. Our staff offers clients years of training and experience, along with a passion for helping others. We understand how crucial opioid addiction treatment is to keep people safe and allow them to live healthier lives.
Our programs include the following:
- Short-Term Residential Rehab (Helios)
- Short-Term Outpatient Rehab (Helios)
- Long-Term Residential Rehab (START)
- Free Aftercare for Life