In our current climate, more recovery centers are becoming available for those in need. When it comes to seeking out treatment, it is crucial to find the right program. Some substances require more in-depth care and attention than others, depending on the effects they have on the body. An opiate addiction treatment center in California is vital for those struggling with an addiction to the drug. At a substance abuse treatment programs in California, clients at the facility can recover, heal, and move on from their opiate addiction.
Safety at an Opiate Addiction Treatment Center in California
A common misconception regarding opiates is that ending use is as simple as just no longer using the drug. However, quitting cold turkey is very difficult because of the symptoms that opiate withdrawal causes. Although people may be very motivated, without medication support, few can detox on their own. Most individuals should begin detox in an opiate addiction treatment center.
Withdrawal symptoms begin anywhere from six to thirty hours after the last use of the substance. It depends on the type of opiate and for how long the individual has been using the drug.
Early withdrawal symptoms can include the following:
- Body aches
As withdrawal continues, symptoms can include:
Medical detox allows clients to have monitoring by medical professionals. Medications and therapies help to keep clients safe, comfortable, and supported during detox. Once detox is complete, clients can move on to other programs at their opiate addiction treatment center that keep them focused on their recovery.
What to Seek in an Opiate Addiction Treatment Center
Individuals seeking out help from an opiate addiction treatment center in California should ensure the center provides a variety of services and programs.
- Accreditation– Nonprofit accreditors help to monitor the programs, staff, and safety of facilities. Accreditation shows the facility offers safe, effective treatment for its clients. This helps the public make decisions regarding their own care and the care of their loved ones.
- Levels of care– An opiate addiction treatment center should provide various levels of care for clients as part of their overall treatment program. The more support and guidance a client receives, the more likely they are to maintain their recovery once they leave treatment. Clients that only complete detox and return home tend to be at a higher risk for relapse. These levels of care should begin with detox or residential treatment and continue on into outpatient treatment and aftercare.
- Specialized programs– Specific circumstances tend to require a more specialized approach to treatment. Programs that specialize with mental health, the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, and active military members are all crucial components to the treatment of some clients.
It is also crucial to find a treatment center that employs staff with education, experience, and compassion. A skilled team that understands what clients are experiencing and going through is crucial to effective treatment.
New Bridge Foundation® for Recovery
When it comes to an effective and safe opiate addiction treatment center, New Bridge Foundation® is the name to know. Nestled within the hills of Berkeley, California, New Bridge Foundation® provides a full continuum of care for clients in need of addiction and mental health treatment. Our programs include the following:
- Short-Term Residential Rehab (Helios)
- Short-Term Outpatient Rehab (Helios)
- Long-Term Residential Rehab (START)
- Free Aftercare for Life