When men and women volunteer to join the military, they take an oath to protect our country with their lives. These courageous military members live by the values of duty, honor, and country. It is our duty, then, to protect these veterans once they have completed their service and returned home.
After these heroes have discharged from service, some may find it difficult to adjust back to civilian life. Unfortunately, some veterans may even turn to drugs or alcohol as a way to manage stress or symptoms of a mental health disorder, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Because California is home to over 1.8 million veterans, a larger number than any other state, it is vital that veterans are able to get the help they need and deserve. New Bridge Foundation is a place of hope with our residential addiction treatment services for veterans in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Our team at New Bridge Foundation has years of experience with helping military veterans overcome their addiction disorders. We offer a program that is specifically designed for military veterans, Operation Success.
What Is the Operation Success Program?
New Bridge Foundation’s Operation Success program is tailored for the men and women who have honorably served our country, as well as those still on active duty and their dependents. Our team of experts has received training that is purposefully geared toward the needs of military personnel and veterans, and we are proud to help them win their fight against substance use disorders. Some of the services included in our Operation Success Program include:
- Individualized treatment planning
- Coping skills for PTSD
- Stress management
- Coordination with VA and military treatment providers
- Medication management
- Physical training
The Operation Success Program includes a short-term residential program as well as an outpatient program. The New Bridge Foundation team consults with you to choose the program that best serves your needs.
What Is Helios?
At New Bridge Foundation, we believe that the best way to overcome addiction is by treating the whole person instead of focusing exclusively on drugs and alcohol. Our short-term rehab program, known as Helios, is designed to give individuals a solid foundation for recovery in a relatively brief period of time. New Bridge Foundation’s multi-disciplinary team emphasizes on the quality of care and provides you with constant support and education.
What Is the Difference Between Residential and Outpatient Treatment?
One of the main differences between residential and outpatient treatment is whether or not you stay at our facility or at home. Some people require a residential level of care so that they are provided with the safety, security, and structure offered by a residential program. Residential treatment allows individuals to immerse themselves in the recovery process without the distractions and temptations of the outside world, allowing them to begin recovery surrounded by support.
Our outpatient services are being provided virtually. The outpatient program meets several days (or evenings) per week and is highly interactive and educational. Individuals who are best suited to this program are those who do not require a residential level of care, have some support in their lives, and need the flexibility due to work, school, or other obligations.
Benefits of Residential Addiction Treatment Services for Veterans
Although some individuals may choose to participate in an outpatient program, there are many benefits for veterans to admit to our residential addiction treatment services in the San Francisco Bay Area. Some of these benefits include:
- Strong support systems – Veterans have been trained to work as part of a team, and they understand what other veterans are going through. The support systems that are built in our programs often remain for years after treatment.
- More effective treatment – When veterans enroll in our residential addiction treatment services in the San Francisco Bay Area, they are able to take advantage of therapy programs that are more intensive than telehealth treatment.
- Less chance of relapse – Veterans who take part in our residential addiction treatment services are separated from triggers from their pretreatment life that might cause relapses.
- Round-the-clock care – Because veterans are living at our residential facility, our outstanding team is available to help veterans at any time of day or night.
- Structured recovery – Veterans are used to structure and discipline. Our residential addiction treatment services are planned in a way that uses structure and routine to help veterans conquer substance use disorders.
Contact New Bridge Foundation Today to Explore Our Residential Addiction Treatment Services for Veterans
Whether using residential addiction treatment services or another type of service, there is no doubt that having a team to rely on is very important. Our team at New Bridge Foundation is here to provide the care necessary for veterans to recover.
New Bridge Foundation, located in the San Francisco Bay Area equips veterans with the tools that they need to resist abusing drugs and alcohol. Reach out to us today by completing our secure online form or calling us at 866.772.8491. Military veterans have put their lives on the line to help others. Now, we want to help them by giving them the chance to live the sober life that they deserve.