Choosing the right drug and alcohol treatment center can be one of the most important decisions you will make in regards to you or your loved one’s health. While it is true, that not all doctors have the same level of expertise and competency, the same can be said for treatment facilities. Treatment centers can differ greatly in regards to program components, cost, effectiveness, and staff training and qualifications. The process of finding help can be difficult, scary, and overwhelming. Here are some questions and considerations to assist you in your search.
- Is there a multi-disciplinary staff including physicians, healthcare providers, mental health practitioners, and certified drug and alcohol counselors?
- Does the treatment center use evidence-based practices?
- Does the treatment center treat individuals with co-occurring disorders (also known as dual diagnosis)?
- Is the center “in-network” with your insurance company? If, not what will be the expense to you?
- Does the facility have different program options?
- Does the facility have the appropriate state license?
- Does the program have a family component? If so, what does it consist of?
- Does the program have people in recovery on staff?
- Is the program accredited by the Joint Commission or CARF (The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities)?
- Does the program pay attention to health and wellness, including exercise?
- What is offered in regards to continuing care?
Please feel confident to ask appropriate questions of the New Bridge Foundation™ facility, with the expectation of receiving clear and concise answers at (866) 772-8491 .
The admissions staff will be friendly, helpful and available. They’ll be able to schedule an free assessment appointment for you within a few days of your inquiry. If you feel it would be helpful, it is also fine to request a tour of the facility. Above all, be a good consumer and trust your intuition and instincts. Your life or the life of your loved one is at stake. We’re located in Berkeley, California.