Recognizing the need for addiction treatment is the first step on the road to recovery. However, with over 14,000 drug and alcohol rehab centers across the nation, deciding which one to choose can feel intimidating. Some people look for a rehabilitation center close to home to have the support of friends and family. Others should remove themselves from their current environment to have the greatest chance for recovery. If you are looking for a San Francisco Bay Area drug rehab center, consider New Bridge Foundation®.
New Bridge Foundation® offers a range of affordable treatment options. We work closely with you or your loved one to ensure that you have a comprehensive understanding of treatment options and know what to expect from the recovery process. If you are ready to take back control of your life, we are here to help. Call 866.772.8491 to speak to an intake specialist.
Three Critical Characteristics of Rehab in the San Francisco Bay Area
Drug and alcohol rehab centers vary significantly in terms of the services and programs they offer. Some rehabs specialize in particular addictions. Some rehabs are gender-specific, while others are all-inclusive. Some are strictly inpatient or outpatient, and others provide a full continuum of care.
When you have decided to seek addiction treatment, your impulse may be to choose the first rehab center you come across. However, taking the time to research your options will result in better outcomes.
The following are three critical characteristics to look for when selecting an addiction treatment center:
- Individualized treatment – While drug and alcohol addiction impact millions, each individual has their own story. People may suffer from the same addiction, but their individual makeup, family history, and unique experiences influence how addiction affects them. Effective addiction treatment needs to be tailored to meet each client’s unique needs.
- Evidence-based treatment – Evidence-based treatment involves the use of therapies that have been researched and proven effective, thereby resulting in measurable treatment outcomes.
- 3. Licensing and accreditation – Ensure that the rehab facility is appropriately licensed and that they have a multidisciplinary treatment team who are individually licensed in their area of specialty. Licensing is a formal recognition by a regulatory agency that a person or facility is proficient in practicing a particular skill. Accreditation is given by a third-party agency that is qualified to assess that a person or facility meets predetermined standards.
When looking into drug or alcohol rehab in the San Francisco Bay Area, other qualities include a medically supervised detox, education, group counseling, and discharge planning.
New Bridge Foundation® is fully licensed and accredited. We are licensed to provide drug and alcohol services by the state of California and we hold the highest possible accreditation from the Commission for Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). For the second consecutive year (2000, 2021), New Bridge Foundation® has been ranked as one of America’s “Best Addiction Treatment Centers” per a survey conducted by Statista in cooperation with Newsweek.
Components of Drug Rehab in the San Francisco Bay Area
When you choose New Bridge Foundation® drug rehab in the San Francisco Bay Area, you select the highest quality individualized treatment available in the San Francisco Bay Area. Clients have access to a range of treatment methods that include:
- Group therapy and education
- Family education and support
- Relapse prevention
- Individual counseling
- 12-step and 12-step alternatives support
- Discharge planning
- Free aftercare for life
Since opening our doors in 1968, New Bridge Foundation® has become recognized as one of the foremost treatment providers in Northern California. In addition to our detox, residential, and outpatient programs, we provide telehealth services for California residents and free aftercare for life.
Do You Need Alcohol Rehab in the San Francisco Bay Area?
Most people struggle to be objective about their drinking. Alcohol use is deeply ingrained in American culture, and it can be challenging to recognize when drinking has crossed the line from recreational to alcohol use disorder. If you are unsure whether or not your drinking has become problematic, consider the following:
- Have you tried to cut back or stop drinking but cannot do so?
- Do you regularly drink more than you intend to?
- When you are not drinking, do you have withdrawal symptoms?
- Do you have cravings for alcohol?
- Have you continued to drink despite knowing that it causes problems?
- Have you failed to meet obligations because of drinking?
Alcohol use disorder is a chronic, progressive disease that will typically worsen over time. Frequently, the only way to overcome alcohol use disorder is to seek professional alcohol treatment.
Discover Alcohol Rehab in the San Francisco Bay Area at New Bridge Foundation®
At New Bridge Foundation®, our substance abuse treatment focuses on alcohol rehab and drug rehab in the San Francisco Bay Area. Whether you need short or long-term residential rehab or an intensive outpatient program, discover why New Bridge Foundation® is the premier choice for substance abuse treatment in Northern California. Call 866.772.8491 to learn more.