The decision to seek treatment for an alcohol use disorder (AUD) is complex and emotionally charged. Alcohol is ingrained in American culture. Through good times and bad, we turn to alcohol to celebrate or mourn. While plenty of people can drink alcohol without developing a problem, research indicates that nearly 15 million Americans have an alcohol use disorder. AUD occurs on a spectrum from mild to severe. The classic picture of AUD is the “alcoholic” who always drinks too much and whose life is falling apart. The reality of AUD is that most people lead seemingly “normal” lives while suffering in silence.
New Bridge Foundation® is a non-profit San Francisco Bay-Area alcohol rehab center. Since our inception in 1968, we have provided exceptional, effective, affordable drug and alcohol treatment to countless people in a welcoming, nurturing, home-like environment. Call us at 866.772.8491 to learn more about our alcohol rehab program in California.
Can an Alcohol Rehab Program in California Help You?
Acknowledging that you have a drinking problem is difficult and frightening, but it is also brave and life-affirming. Likewise, the next step—overcoming an alcohol use disorder—is challenging, but it is not impossible. Alcoholism is a chronic, progressive disease affecting millions that wreaks havoc on people’s lives and only worsens over time without professional intervention.
Alcohol is a legal, easily accessible, and socially acceptable substance. In American culture, drinking is not only encouraged but celebrated. Therefore, many people struggle to identify when their alcohol use has crossed the line into being problematic.
If you are unsure whether or not you can benefit from professional treatment for your alcohol use, consider these questions:
- Have you tried but been unable to cut back on your drinking or stop altogether?
- Do you consistently consume more than you planned or wanted to?
- Do you crave alcohol or drink to manage your emotions?
- Is a significant amount of your time spent buying, drinking, or recovering from alcohol?
- Do you drink even though it causes problems in your life?
- Have friends, family, or co-workers mentioned that they are concerned about your drinking?
- Have you failed to live up to your responsibilities because of drinking?
- Does drinking make you engage in activities you would not normally engage in?
If you can answer yes to one or more of these questions, you might benefit from an alcohol rehab program.
Three Characteristics to Look for in a Bay-Area Alcohol Rehab
Because AUD occurs on a spectrum, there are many different levels of treatment available. At New Bridge Foundation®, our intake specialists will work with you to determine the best level of care to suit your circumstances and needs. No matter the level of care you require, a San Francisco Bay-Area alcohol rehab should possess the following three characteristics:
- Evidence-based treatment – Alcohol rehab should rely on the use of evidence-based practices, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), that have been proven to be effective.
- Personalized care – AUD impacts everyone differently. An alcohol rehab should provide an individualized treatment plan designed to meet your unique needs and recovery goals.
- Social support – An alcohol rehab program provides a built-in support network. Treatment should provide peer support through group meetings and community connections.
At New Bridge Foundation®, we are proud to offer comprehensive alcohol rehab treatment.
Discover All a Bay-Area Rehab Center Has to Offer at New Bridge Foundation®
With over 50 years of experience in addiction treatment, New Bridge Foundation® has been recognized as one of “America’s Best Addiction Treatment Centers” by Newsweek Magazine for a second consecutive year (2020, 2021).
If you are ready to overcome alcohol abuse or addiction and take back control of your life, New Bridge Foundation® is here to help. Call 866.772.8491 to learn about your treatment options.